Parents really look forward to their son or daughter coming home from school. We love hearing about their day. They pour out their hearts to us. We hear their troubles and what makes them laugh. They share their dreams, secrets, fears and what really makes them mad. We see every expression on their faces, we hear their sighs and we listen to their silence. In those quiet times, we don't say much because they just need us to be present. Sometimes they ask for things. We do everything to show them love. We want them to run to us without fear of failure or feeling that they have to perform in order to get our attention. We delight to be with them and to know them.
This is a picture of prayer, simple and honest communication with God our Father. Jesus prayed to His Father when He was on earth and we are to follow this example. Jesus told His disciples how to pray. He said, "Pray then in this way, Our Father who art in heaven...Give us...Forgive us...Lead us...Deliver us...etc." (Matt. 6:9-13) Notice the emphasis on the words "our" and "us." When we pray together we are following His instruction.
The BACC Prayer Ministry is made up of teams of people who gather and pray for what they care about and what is on their hearts. Teams are devoted to praying for the church worship services, for the pastors, for our missional efforts and missionaries, for the ministries of the church, for those who are sick or saddened by grief and for those who are wrestling with life's struggles. The Lord doesn't ask us to be perfect in prayer. He loves us in our imperfections. The Prayer Ministry provides an opportunity for us to gather together as children and share our hearts with our Father who loves us. Let's pray together.
Submit a Prayer Request
Click to submit a prayer request to our prayer chain coordinator, Linda Bayliss. Your prayer request will then be placed on a confidential email to those who pray on the prayer chain.
Are you stuck in a place of pain or brokenness? If you would like a prayer team of two to pray with you individually, please contact one of the following, both available by appointment:
growing in your connection with Jesus, your identity and in freedom, with Dana Lowe and Lori Aird. For an appointment or additional information please email: email@example.com.
helping you connect more intimately with Jesus by removing barriers between your heart and His, with David & Betsy McPeak. For an appointment or additional information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prayer Opportunities - All Teams meet in the upstairs Prayer Room unless otherwise noted.
- Awakening Prayer - 7 a.m. every Sunday with Kammi McGinty
- Boiler Room - 9:30 a.m. on the 1st Sunday of the month with Betsy and Dave McPeak
- Personal Prayer - 9:30 a.m. on the 3rd Sunday of the month with Betsy and Dave McPeak
- For Israel - 11 a.m. on the 1st & 3rd Sunday of the month with Tammy Sheir
- Prayer for Executive Pastor Ed Kelley - 9:08-9:25 a.m. every 4th Sunday of the month (Location - gather in a corner of the worship area) with Bill Bourduin
- Missions - 8:15am on the 1st Sunday of the month with Chris Prado
- Prayer for Celebrate Recovery - 8-10 p.m. on the 1st Monday with Bryan Gordon (inquire for time and locations details)
- For Women’s Ministry - 9:30-10:30 a.m. every Wednesday with Cedulie Sanchez
- For Student Ministry Pastor Brent Squires - 6:30 p.m. the 2nd Wednesday of every month with Ladd Wheeler
- For Lead Pastor Greg St. Cyr - 6-7 p.m. every 3rd Thursday of the month with Kevin Magnuson.
- Revival Prep - 7-8 p.m. on the 2nd Thursday of the month with Kammi McGinty
Want to talk about prayer?
- Email Debbie at email@example.com