March 11, 2017
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Bay area's first annual global missions conference
Every year, Bay Area sends dozens of people and teams on short term missions trips around the world. And each year we provide excellent, world-class training and resources for those teams. But this year, we're changing things up: we're opening up our annual one-day seminar to the entire church body and offering engaging workshops that apply to everyone. This conference could be for you, even if you're not going on a short term missions trip.
Here's who This Conference is for:
- The stay-at-home mom who wants to learn more about how to interact with her neighbors.
- The Jesus follower who wants to equip others to go through prayer and financial giving.
- The young married couple who are trying to discern how God will use them in this world.
- The friend of someone who goes on a short term trip almost every year.
- The dad who is having a hard time finding purpose at work.
- And the person who is thinking about or is signed up for a short term missions trip.
Below you will find a short bio on our keynote speaker and the list of our workshops. Click here if you're ready to register. If you have questions, email us at email@example.com or text us at (443) 569-5244.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: March 10.
Keynote speaker: shane bennett
Shane has served in missions mobilization since 1987. Much of his energy goes to recruiting, training, and sending short-term teams. He’s been on research teams in Bangkok, Bombay and Turkey. He coauthored Exploring the Land, a guide to researching unreached peoples, and has written numerous articles.
As Shane describes himself, “I’m an ordinary guy. I began school planning to be a pastor, but through a number of people and events, God focused my calling on missions, specifically catalyzing efforts for the world’s most under-evangelized peoples. After 20 years of barely venturing beyond the borders of Indiana, God began bouncing me around the world. In each place my objective has been, with a team of people, to discover how the church might be established where it hasn’t yet.”
Shane and his wife have five children and live in the mountains of southern Colorado. His current ministry focus is helping churches reach refugees in Sicily. He also writes a weekly email on how to think about Muslims like God does and love them like Jesus. Click here to check out that weekly email.
- Missionary Terms for the Rest of Us - Tony Sheng
- Fundraising: Why & How - Jerry Shirlen & Trevin Hoekzema
- Praying for a Missions Team - Chris Prado
- H.E.A.L.T.H. Jeopardy - Angela Wakhweya Essamuah
- Going to War (Spiritually) - Casely Essamuah
- Reaching the Nations from Your Living Room - Roger Ishii
- Mobilizing a Missions Team - Steve Onken
- Biblical Finances - Neal Shaefer